We have been listening to your feedback and have been busy behind the scenes making improvements to your experience with Twig World. You can now upload student lists in record speed with our new instant student upload feature. It’s a fast and easy way to give every student in your school access to Twig, with automatically generated log-in details.
Just pick your spreadsheet of student details, choose the relevant fields with the interactive uploader, and let the tool work its magic. You can even use an export from your school’s VLE or LMS system, and just choose the relevant fields.
We’ve put together a step-by-step guide on how to use the new tool:
PLEASE NOTE: Only the administrator of your account will have the authority to upload students using this tool. If that is you, then you are in luck! (If not, please ask the administrator very nicely to do this for you).
- Log in with your admin account .
- Navigate to “Account”, then “Students” and click “Add multiple students” .
- Either drag in your spreadsheet or select it from your computer and upload.
- You’ll then be asked if you want to keep existing student logins or delete them and replace with new ones.
- Next, you’ll need to map the information from your spreadsheet to our account fields. Match the information with the drop down menus. You can add another column to the same field if you need. For example, “First name” and “Last name”.
- If you don’t want to include certain details, simply select “Skip this step”. As you progress you’ll see your student data taking form in the sample column.
- Lastly, check that your data sample looks ok, then click “Import students”. Don’t close the browser window during this process.
- Once complete, click “Download login list” to download a CSV file or your students usernames and passwords. It is really important you download it at this stage as you won’t be able to download it again for security reasons.
You’re all done, simple!
And here is a quick overview of how you can prepare your file for upload:
If you have a school database already, you can export a file direct from there (so long as it is in Excel, Open Document or CSV format). Lots of systems will export more information than needed, but you can use our uploader to select only the fields you need.
- Create your student data in a spreadsheet as an Excel, Open Document or CSV.
- Add the following information for each record:
- Student’s name – This is the only information required to create an account
- Email addresses (optional) – If you want to use Google’s Single Sign-On feature
- Unique identifier (optional) – If your school uses a VLE or LMS system
- Registration class (optional) – Makes it easier to use assignments
And finally, if you are having problems, you can still supply your file to our support team and we’ll sort it for you, just select “Problems uploading a file?” and use the link there.