Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: 12 August 2021
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start date: Immediate
Are you a graduate in Accounts and Finance looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skills and career in a great working environment? If you can support our busy Finance Manager across all aspects of the finance function, we have the perfect job for you!
Your main responsibility will be to carry out the day to day maintenance of financial records within our accounting system (Sage) ensuring the smooth running of the finance process including processing, reporting, analysis and adherence to company and accounting policies.
You will also work and communicate effectively with the CFO; the Senior Management Team and their direct reports; banks; suppliers; customers and other functions in the business.
- Daily bank account reconciliations
- Billing customers and dealing with any queries
- Sole responsibility for accounts receivable providing analysis at each month end
- Maintaining suppliers accounts and ensuring accuracy of invoices, payments after checking approval by relevant budget holders
- Reviewing and processing company expenses ensuring adherence with company policies, including credit cards
- Owning the purchase order system to ensure everything is processed and approved in line with company policy.
- Month end completion including reconciling revenue, reviewing accounts receivable and payable, reviewing P&L and Balance Sheet for completeness accuracy, posting journals as necessary.
- Supporting the Finance Manager with ad-hoc duties as required.
Skill and Experience
- Preferably 2 years’ experience working in an accounts position – we may consider less for an exceptional candidate
- Strong aptitude for process driven tasks; excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of online accounting software such as Sage
- Good level of knowledge and skill using MS Excel
- Knowledge of Google Business Suite would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Being able to work on own initiative with a strong “can-do” attitude to work
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Having the desire to go over and above
Expected behaviours include:
- Being proactive in understanding how your role contributes to the success of the business
- Asking questions when unsure
- Asking why things work the way they do and whether there is a better way
- Thinking critically about what is being asked in a task, identifying what is needed and thinking through the consequences
- Using your initiative
- Communicating clearly, concisely, comprehensively and appropriately with relevant stakeholders
- Making good judgments on who needs to know what and when and the tone of communication
- Presenting the right amount of information in a way that is easily understood
- Articulating risks at a point when there is still time to devise a solution – risks could include issues that affect deadlines or the quality and integrity of our finance processes
- Actively contributing to the solution-focused, collaborative culture of Twig Education, driving synergy and understanding between departments and teams.
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries in line with market rates
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthshield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and covering letter, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role. Applications close at 5pm on Friday 27 August 2021.
NB: Though this role would normally be based in our Glasgow office, staff are currently home-working until it is safe for us to move back to an in-office environment.