Administration and Finance Assistant
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: 30 September 2021
Contract: Full time, permanent
Salary: £20,000 p.a
Twig Education creates incredible, inclusive Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) learning experiences full of aha! moments that students remember forever. We couldn’t do this without creative and passionate people who challenge and inspire each other.
That’s where you come in! Working for Twig means getting the chance to use your talents to the fullest, doing work that makes the world a better place in an environment where your contributions get noticed.
Twig launched in 2011. Our resources, created in collaboration with Imperial College London and Stanford University, are now used by millions of teachers and students in over 60 countries and with over 20 different languages. This success didn’t happen by accident. We hire talented individuals, give them the chance to shine, and recognise the impact they make on Twig and on the lives of students across the globe. We’re here to change the world of STEM education. Want to join us?
We are currently seeking an administration and finance assistant to join our operations team to support the Office and Finance Managers. The role will be extremely varied and we’re looking for someone who is confident, friendly and enjoys getting involved in a wide range of operational support tasks.
- Reception duties including answering phones, opening mail and meeting and greeting visitors
- Responsible for replenishing office stocks – stationary, kitchen supplies, etc.
- Booking meeting spaces
- Event management administration
- HR administration
- Booking travel and accommodation when required
- Setting up and organising the resource library of Twig publications
- General admin tasks (e.g. filing, recording data, etc.)
- Managing petty cash system
- Reconciling monthly credit card statements
- Expense system management
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in a general admin role
- Able to organise and prioritise
- Good with systems and processes
- Able and willing to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Flexible and adaptable
- Happy to assist in various administrative and business support tasks
- Confident in working with a wide range of people
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, Zoom and Slack
- Experience of organising events
What’s in it for you?
Your job will offer diversity and fulfillment as well as professional and personal development. Twig has an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are competitive
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Health Shield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
- Office in an attractive location
- Being part of a lively, fun team
The post holder will be based in the Glasgow office on a full time basis. We are however happy to talk about flexible working arrangements.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Twig is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Think you might fit this role?
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and covering letter, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role. Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 10 October 2021.