Posted: 11th September, 2019Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Twig Education
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 80 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents.
We are looking to expand our team with an Assessments Coordinator who will be responsible for the delivery of short performance and multiple choice assessments.
- Edit science assessments to ensure they meet project and style guidelines
- Produce overview documents, which detail the assessment components across an entire module
- Be familiar with the NGSS and state standards to ensure assessment questions are multi-dimensional
- Maintain project schedules and anticipate potential risks and delays, keeping project managers informed
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders
- Be the main point of contact regarding assessment content for internal and external queries
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging environment while maintaining print and online deadlines
- Source photos and write design briefs
- Work with other editors to ensure consistency across all assessment content
- Additional editorial tasks as required
- Strong editing skills
- Ability to follow detailed guidelines for editing assessments
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Organised and skilled at using spreadsheets to track status and delivery
- Experienced and comfortable working to tight deadlines
- An excellent communicator, both in writing and verbally
- Prepared to work as part of a strong team and take joint responsibility for results
- Ability to simplify complex problems, process projects into component parts, and gain an understanding of the ‘big picture’ quickly
What is it like to work with us?
As a company we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Plus our Glasgow office is dog-friendly!
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply for this role, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV along with a covering letter demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities, and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Applications close on Friday 27 September 2019 at 5:30pm.
Pay: Circa £26,000–£28,000, depending on experience
Contract Type: Full Time, Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 12 months