Business as Usual (BAU) Content Editor
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: 23rd October, 2020
Deadline: 4th November, 2020
Contract: 6 months, Full Time
About Twig Education
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 140 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents
We are looking for a skilled and versatile editor with two or more years experience in educational publishing. The successful candidate will work on maintaining and reversioning existing products in the Twig portfolio, preparing websites and print materials for sales adoptions, and supporting the Editorial, Sales, and Marketing teams. The tasks will be varied and fast-paced, and the successful candidate will be someone who thrives when responding efficiently and appropriately to meet business needs.
The ideal candidate should have experience:
- Working on blended print and digital STEM materials for elementary and middle school students
- Working with curriculum documents
- Working to deadlines, and high quality standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Updating and preparing InDesign files for reprint
- Mapping US and international curricula to Twig Education content
- Reversioning and adapting Twig products
- Quality checking different types of content and media
- Maintaining fixes lists and other tracking documents
- Responding appropriately to customer relationship management issues.
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent editorial skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Team player
- Good analytical thinking skills and proactive problem-solver
- Disciplined, yet flexible enough to adapt to changing priorities
- Great initiative and a “can do” approach
- Ability to make recommendations/decisions confidently, quickly and thoughtfully.
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Some other benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension contributions and other benefits