Posted: 23rd October, 2020
Deadline: 4th November, 2020
Contract: 6 months, Full Time
Start: As soon as possible
Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Twig Education
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 140 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive Content Editor to work alongside a large team of editors and designers to prepare a range of lesson materials for print and web publication.
The successful candidate will have experience of editing hard copy and on-screen text and take a methodical approach to their work. They will be a team player with excellent communication skills, and be able to work to a tight production schedule.
2-3 years copy editing
The ideal candidate should have experience:
- Working on blended print and digital STEM materials for elementary and middle school students
- Working to deadlines, and high quality standards.
- Copy editing teacher and student materials.
- Carrying out a QC of texts, interactives, visuals and handouts.
- Preparing and populating spreadsheets of information.
- Carrying out a QC of films and preparing voice over scripts.
- Reviewing and implementing fact check comments and fixes.
- Managing individual workload in order to maintain tight deadlines.
- Great attention to detail
- Strong editorial skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Team player
- Good analytical thinking skills and proactive problem-solver
- Disciplined, yet flexible enough to adapt to changing priorities
- Takes initiative to suggest changes and solve problems with a “can do” approach
- Ability to make recommendations/decisions confidently, quickly and thoughtfully.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe InDesign (or similar desktop publishing apps)
- Working knowledge of XML (or similar mark up language).
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Some other benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension contributions and other benefits