Content Management Assistant
Posted: 20th August, 2019Glasgow, United Kingdom
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 80 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in the delivery of Twig’s multimedia content to our various web platforms and beyond. If you get a kick out of keeping content neat and tidy, love spreadsheets, and are able to spot an irregular data entry at 20 paces, this could be the role for you. You will help ensure our complex content gets where it needs to go, on time, and in the right format. In order to do this successfully, you will need both technical and editorial skills. The role offers scope to develop these skills in order to become an expert on the structure, content and delivery of our world-class digital education products.
- Data entry, formatting and QC of content in preparation for upload to our CMS
- Support content editors with making corrections to existing content
- Help troubleshoot the content upload and management process, finding ways to improve systems and processes to ensure a smoother workflow
- Create and maintain project documentation (e.g. filenaming protocols, upload instructions, entity relationship diagrams)
- Assist with developing and maintaining schedules and project plans for upload and delivery of content
- Raise risks regarding content management/upload and take steps to mitigate them
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
This role reports to the Head of Content Management and Delivery.
Skills and Experience
- Strong technical literacy, a high level of proficiency and comfort with spreadsheet functionality, and quick to learn new technical skills
- Experience of using a CMS/database and/or content/data handling in general
- Experience of working with XML- or HTML-tagged content, or similar
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and communicative skills
- Good analytical thinking skills and proactive problem-solver
- Disciplined, yet flexible enough to adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience of using a proprietary/in-house CMS/database and of contributing to the development of that system
- Experience of proofreading or editing in a professional context
- Experience with design software such as Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
What is it like to work at Twig?
We strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Plus our Glasgow office is dog-friendly!
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- Free refreshments including breakfast, hot drinks and snacks
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension contributions and other benefits
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
This is a full-time, permanent role. Salary range £20,000–22,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
To apply for this role please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV along with a short covering letter demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role by Friday 6 September 2019.