Content Upload Assistant
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 June 2021
Contract: Full time fixed term until end December 2021
Salary: circa £22-24,000 pa depending on experience
Closing date: 30 June 2021
About Twig Education
At Twig Education we’re passionate about STEM education and we’re passionate about digital.
Our reputation is based on designing and producing easy-to-use teacher and student tools that engage students. These high-quality, hands-on materials, assessments, multimedia and digital are inspiring learners and teachers around the world. Our programs allow for flexible implementation models for in-person and/or virtual delivery of lessons.
Working closely with our collaborative “think tank” which includes Imperial College of London, Stanford SCALE and classroom specialists, we deliver award-winning, groundbreaking K-12 Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics education programs.
We are a dynamic company with a performance-enhancing culture with a mission to provide access to high-quality education, inclusion and equity for all students.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in the delivery of Twig’s Middle School project, uploading and delivering lessons, assessments and other multimedia assets to our CMS. This will mainly be done using XML. The successful candidates will be required to convert content prepared for print to an interactive digital format that will be easy to use for teachers and students alike.
If you get a kick out of keeping content neat and tidy, love spreadsheets, and are able to spot an irregular data entry at 20 paces, this could be the role for you. In order to do this successfully, you will need both technical and editorial skills, and the ability to think programmatically.
- Data entry, XML authoring and upload of content to our CMS
- Creating video transcripts and captions according to technical specifications and editorial house style
- Exporting and optimising images for web use
- QC of content within our CMS and on the platform
- Helping to troubleshoot the content upload and management process, finding ways to improve systems and processes to ensure a smoother workflow
- Raise risks regarding content management/upload and take steps to mitigate them
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
This role reports to the Head of Content Management and Delivery
Skills and Experience
- Strong technical literacy, a high level of proficiency and comfort with spreadsheet functionality (Gsheets experience a bonus)
- Experience of working with XML- or HTML-tagged content, or similar
- Experience of using a CMS/database and/or content/data handling in general
- Meticulous attention to detail and a methodical approach to tasks
- Excellent organisational and communicative skills
- Ability to think analytically and programmatically about complex systems
- Disciplined, yet flexible enough to adapt to changing priorities.
- An interest in any/all of: education, science, web development and digital content platforms
- Experience of using a proprietary/in-house CMS/database
- Experience of proofreading or editing written content in a professional context
- Experience with design software such as Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries in line with market rates
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthshield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 30th June.
To apply, please send us your CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role using the online form.
NB: Though this role would normally be based in our Glasgow office, staff are currently home-working until it is safe for us to move back to an in-office environment. We are reviewing our plans in line with Scottish Government policy.