Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: 1st February 2022
Deadline: 18th February 2022
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Salary: £24,000 p.a. (depending on experience)
About Twig Education
Twig Education creates incredible, inclusive Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) learning experiences full of aha! moments that students remember forever. We couldn’t do this without creative and passionate people who challenge and inspire each other.
That’s where you come in! Working for Twig means getting the chance to use your talents to the fullest, doing work that makes the world a better place in an environment where your contributions get noticed.
Twig launched in 2011. Our resources, created in collaboration with Imperial College London and Stanford University, are now used by millions of teachers and students in over 60 countries and with over 20 different languages. This success didn’t happen by accident. We hire talented individuals, give them the chance to shine, and recognise the impact they make on Twig and on the lives of students across the globe. We’re here to change the world of STEM education. Want to join us?
The Copywriter is responsible for helping to ensure that all marketing content created by the team is informative and engaging about our products and services for our audiences (including teachers, administrators and corporate/b2b) by adhering to and articulating Twig’s tone of voice. The Copywriter works closely with the Senior Copywriter and the rest of the marketing team to produce quality content to promote the company and market its products.
- Being fully aware and versed in the company’s products, able to articulate features and benefits of each
- Producing original content for campaigns, videos, podcasts, emails, blogs, social media, and other collateral
- Editing and quality-checking content and maintaining tone of voice consistency
- Maintaining a high level of content literacy across all our products
- Researching industry–related topics and identifying gaps in our content
- Producing original content for campaigns – understanding the different audiences including the nuances between email and social media copy
- Using SEO practices to optimize articles and increase visibility
Skills and Experience
- Proven work experience as a Copywriter
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Comfortable working in various forms of media and an awareness of graphic design and web content requirements
- Ability to QC content written by other members of the team (or outside of the team)
- An ability to write creative copy both for large pieces of content (e.g. blogs and brochures) and smaller texts (e.g. social media posts), as needed
- Good time-management skills and ability to prioritise requirements
What’s in it for you?
Your job will offer diversity and fulfilment as well as professional and personal development. Twig has an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are competitive
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Health Shield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
- Office in an attractive location next to a large park
- Being part of a lively, fun team
We expect to operate a hybrid working model with some days spent in the Glasgow office and some working from home. Where homeworking is allowed, the postholder is responsible for ensuring they have a suitable working space which supports high performance.
Equal opportunities statement
Twig is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Think you might fit this role?
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV, covering letter and portfolio of your work, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role. Please don’t wait to apply as we’ll be looking at applications as they come in.