Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: August 4, 2021
Deadline: Friday 20 August, 2021 @ 5pm
Contract: Full time, fixed term contract (1 year)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Development Editor (Sciences)
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Our reputation is based on designing and producing easy-to-use teacher and student tools that engage students. These high-quality, hands-on materials, assessments, multimedia and digital are inspiring learners and teachers around the world. Our programs allow for flexible implementation models for in-person and/or virtual delivery of lessons.
Working closely with our collaborative “think tank” which includes Imperial College of London, Stanford SCALE and classroom specialists, we deliver award-winning, groundbreaking K-12 Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics education programs.
We are a dynamic company with a performance-enhancing culture with a mission to provide access to high-quality education, inclusion and equity for all students.
We are looking for Development Editors to join the Editorial Development team immediately to work on science curriculum products.
- Developing and using specialist knowledge to ensure that resources are pedagogically, culturally, and structurally appropriate for the market.
- Briefing writers clearly and in line with approved concepts, and providing support throughout the writing process to help them create interesting and engaging content.
- Working collaboratively to integrate digital content and narrative elements into the lessons.
- Analysing reviewer feedback and identifying and implementing required changes.
- Briefing and reviewing supporting artwork (visuals, student handouts, text pieces) and digital content.
- Collaborating with internal and external reviewers, researchers, producers, designers, and editors.
- Strictly adhering to in-house publishing processes.
- Scientific knowledge, ideally educated to Higher/A-level or equivalent in a Science subject
- An appreciation for a range of learning and teaching styles, products, and pedagogies.
- Strong editorial experience with experience of managing projects.
- Ability to develop and write teacher-facing materials, student handouts, and instructional text.
- Ability to communicate constructive criticism sensitively and confidently.
- Managing your own workload and prioritising in order to meet project timelines and print publication deadlines.
- Organised and methodical working methods in order to accurately track the status of lessons/assets/tasks.
- Meticulous attention to detail to ensure consistency and accuracy across all content types.
- Adaptable and positive approach to work, and a strong team player.
- Clear and thoughtful communication with colleagues and ability to build and maintain good working relationships.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities, with an understanding of the impact on other project areas and when to escalate issues to management.
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries in line with market rates
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthshield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
Think you might fit this role?
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and covering letter, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role. Applications close at 5pm on Friday 20 August 2021, but we will interview any suitable candidates as soon as possible on receipt of application.
NB: Though this role would normally be based in our Glasgow office, staff are currently home-working until it is safe for us to move back to an in-office environment. We are reviewing our plans in line with Scottish Government policy.