Posted: 31st October, 2019
Glasgow, United Kingdom
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 80 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents.
We are looking for Development Editors to join the Educational Content team and work on middle school teacher editions and supporting student content.
- Briefing writers clearly and in line with approved concept.
- Supporting writers throughout the writing process to help them create interesting and engaging lesson content.
- Work with writers, Creative Editor, and Science Editor to integrate digital content and narrative elements into the lessons.
- Develop and use specialist knowledge to work with the Science Editor to ensure that resources are pedagogically, culturally, and structurally appropriate for the market.
- Analysing reviewer feedback and identifying and implementing required changes.
- Briefing and reviewing supporting artwork (visuals, student handouts, text pieces).
- Develop creative briefs for digital content in collaboration with the Creative Editor, Science Editor, authors, and producers.
- Collaborating with internal and external reviewers, researchers, producers, designers, and editors.
- An appreciation for a range of learning and teaching styles, products, and pedagogies.
- Strong editorial experience with experience of managing projects.
- Ability to communicate constructive criticism sensitively and confidently to writers.
- Managing your own workload and prioritising in order to meet project timelines and print publication deadlines.
- Organised and methodical working methods in order to accurately track the status of lessons/assets/tasks.
- Meticulous attention to detail to ensure consistency and accuracy across all content types.
- Adaptable and positive approach to work, and a strong team player.
- Clear and thoughtful communication with colleagues and ability to build and maintain good working relationships.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities, with an understanding of the impact on other project areas and when to escalate issues to management.
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Plus our Glasgow office is dog-friendly!
Some other benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- Free refreshments including breakfast, hot drinks and snacks
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension contributions and other benefits
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply for this role, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV along with a covering letter demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role. Applications close on Friday 15th November 2019 at 5pm.