Digital Delivery Editor
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: 25 August 2022
Department: Content Management & Delivery
Twig Education creates incredible, inclusive Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) learning experiences full of aha! moments that students remember forever. We couldn’t do this without creative and passionate people who challenge and inspire each other.
That’s where you come in! Working for Twig means getting the chance to use your talents to the fullest, doing work that makes the world a better place in an environment where your contributions get noticed.
Twig launched in 2011. Our resources, created in collaboration with Imperial College London and Stanford University, are now used by millions of teachers and students in over 60 countries and in over 20 different languages. We are now part of the Imagine Learning group based in the US. This success didn’t happen by accident. We hire talented individuals, give them the chance to shine and recognise the impact they make on Twig and on the lives of students across the globe. We’re here to change the world of STEM education. Our values are simple yet powerful:
- Do it better
- Make it magical
- Inspire understandin
The Digital Delivery Editor is part of a team responsible for the delivery of Twig’s multimedia content to our various web platforms and beyond. They help ensure our complex content gets where it needs to go, on time, and in the right format. In order to do this successfully, they need to have both technical and editorial skills, and the ability to think programmatically.
The Digital Delivery Editor is an expert on the structure, content and delivery of our world-class digital education products.
- Data entry, formatting and QC of content in preparation for upload to our CMS
- Content upload and authoring digital content in XML- and HTML-based formats
- Help troubleshoot the content upload and management process, finding ways to improve systems and processes to ensure a smoother workflow
- Help maintain project documentation (e.g. file naming protocols, upload instructions, entity relationship diagrams)
- Raise risks regarding content management/upload and take steps to mitigate them
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
The following skills and experience are relevant to this role:
- Strong technical literacy, a high level of proficiency and comfort with spreadsheet functionality, and quick to learn new technical skills
- Experience of working with XML- or HTML-tagged content, or similar
- Experience of using a CMS/database and/or content/data handling in general
- Meticulous attention to detail and a methodical approach to tasks
- Excellent organisational and communicative skills
- Ability to think analytically and programmatically about complex systems
- Disciplined, yet flexible enough to adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience of using a proprietary/in-house CMS/database
- Experience of proofreading or editing written content in a professional context
- Experience with design software such as Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
What’s in it for you?
Your job will offer diversity and fulfilment as well as professional and personal development. Twig has an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are competitive
- 34 days annual leave plus your birthday off (after a probationary period)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Flexible/hybrid working options
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health Cash Plan with Healthshield – including cashback on dental and optical
- Perks with Healthshield – a wide range of discounts including shopping, travel and fitness
- Salary sacrifice options including employee pension contributions and government’s Cycle to Work scheme
- Health assurance 3 times the salary
- Income protection cover with Aviva
- A range of health and well-being options
- Regular social events
We operate a hybrid working model with three days spent in the Glasgow office and two working from home. The postholder will be responsible for ensuring they have a suitable working space which supports high performance.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Twig is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.