Digital Simulations Designer (Illustration & UI)
Posted: 9th September, 2019
Glasgow, United Kingdom
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 90 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a talented and creative UI Illustrator who knows how to put the users’ needs firmly at the heart of the process whilst working to meet Business Objectives in tandem.
Working as an integral part of the Product Design team, you will be tasked with designing digital simulations combining illustration with UI design to produce intuitive and engaging experiences.
You will work closely with our content creation team to achieve pedagogical learning objectives through the design of short digital simulation games.
You will be expected to produce graphic illustrations, wireframes, and UI mock ups for handover to developers, and QA their output to achieve the optimum product.
In a nutshell:
- Work closely with educational content team to understand the pedagogical requirements of simulation games
- Define, maintain and work to a comprehensive style guide which fits the needs of the user demographic, balanced with the overall digital product
- Product Hi-Fidelity and High Quality illustrations & UI Designs
- QA development releases for visual and functional consistency against design
What you need for this job:
- Excellent creative design ability
- A solid background in illustrative design, demonstrated with a portfolio of work
- To be driven, hardworking and comfortable in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
What is it like to work at Twig?
Some other benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- Free refreshments including breakfast, hot drinks and snacks
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension contributions and other benefits
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
Location: Finnieston, Glasgow
Contract Type: 6 Months FTC
Salary: £23,000 – £25,000 (Pro-Rata)
To apply for this role, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV along with a covering letter demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role.