Posted: 11th September, 2019
Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Twig Education
Since launching in 2011, Twig Education resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 80 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents.
About the Job
We are looking to appoint a Dubbing Mixer to support our busy Post Production department. Working closely with our Senior Dubbing Mixer, you will be designing and tracklaying sound effects, recording voice-overs, and doing the final mix on a wide variety of educational films. This a great opportunity to further develop and hone your skills mixing in Pro Tools Ultimate software.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about sound design and the mixing process and have the key skills required to hit the ground running.
Please note, this is not an entry-level position and candidates should have:
- HND or above in a sound-related course.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in sound editing/design/mixing for film and video.
This is a full-time office-based position, so experience in a similar working environment would be desirable. Candidates must possess a willingness to work with other departments to maximise workflow, and a desire to create the best content possible.
- Use Pro Tools Ultimate software to tracklay and mix a wide variety of content, on a large number of short films with a quick turn around.
- Tracklay, design and edit sound effects to enhance our world-class videos and complex graphics designed in house.
- Record professional VO artists in our studio booths.
- Balance and mix content, to excite and captivate the audience while maintaining comprehension and key learning points.
- Support our editing team with all aspects of sound.
- Highly proficient Pro Tools Ultimate Operation
- Sound effects tracklaying/manipulation
- Dubbing Mixing and mastering audio
- VO recording and dialogue editing
- Extensive Izotope RX 6 Advanced operation
- Comprehensive understanding of audio technical specifications and deliverables
- Ability to work under tight time constraints whilst maintaining our high standards Excellent communication skills
- Have a passion for sound and a good ear
- Understanding of Location Sound Recording
- Must be able to hit the ground running
What is it like to work with us?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Plus our Glasgow office is dog-friendly!
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply, please fill out our web form, making sure to upload your CV & covering letter.
Pay: Competitive, Dependant on Experience
Contract Type: Full Time, Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 12 months with potential for extension
Start From: November/December
Closing date: Wednesday 25th September 2019
Please note: We will be reviewing applications as they come in (i.e. before the final deadline) so don’t wait to apply.