Posted: 23rd September, 2020
Deadline: Friday 9th October, 2020
Contract: 6 months, Full Time
Start: As soon as possible
Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Twig Education
Since launching in 2011, Twig Education resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 80 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents.
We are looking to appoint a Dubbing Mixer to support our busy Post Production department. Working closely with our Senior Dubbing Mixer, you will be designing and tracklaying sound effects, recording voice-overs, and doing the final mix on a wide variety of educational films. This a great opportunity to further develop and hone your skills mixing in Pro Tools Ultimate software.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about sound design and the mixing process and have the key skills required to hit the ground running.
Please note, this is not an entry-level position and candidates should have a:
- HND or above in a sound-related course.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in sound editing/design/mixing for film and video.
- Use Pro Tools Ultimate software to tracklay and mix a wide variety of content, on a large number of short films with a quick turn around.
- Tracklay, design and edit sound effects to enhance our world-class videos and complex graphics designed in house.
- Record professional VO artists in our studio booths.
- Balance and mix content, to excite and captivate the audience while maintaining comprehension and key learning points.
- Support our editing team with all aspects of sound.
- Highly proficient Pro Tools Ultimate Operation
- Sound effects tracklaying/manipulation
- Dubbing Mixing and mastering audio
- VO recording and dialogue editing
- Extensive Izotope RX 8 Advanced operation
- Comprehensive understanding of audio technical specifications and deliverables
- Ability to work under tight time constraints whilst maintaining our high standards Excellent communication skills
- Have a passion for sound and a good ear
- Understanding of Location Sound Recording
- Must be able to hit the ground running
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Some other benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension contributions and other benefits