Posted: 6th August, 2019
Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Twig Education
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 80 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents.
We are currently seeking an experienced Film Producer to join our production team to work on a new science project for teenagers in the United States.
The role will include making short-form factual films using archive footage, and liaising with all stakeholders such as the Twig Education Team, academic institutions and teachers. We are looking for agile, passionate, creative Producers who are experienced scriptwriters, and able to work collaboratively with the experienced in-house edit team.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a background in factual and/or children’s TV production. You will have significant experience of using GFX and animation to deepen an audience’s understanding of complex concepts. The ability to think visually and translate ideas into films is essential.
You will be a self-starter with a proven track record of managing a team that delivers to deadlines. Ideally you will have experience of the sciences and/or the education sector.
This is a very exciting opportunity to utilise your TV and digital production skills with one of the UK’s most innovative ed-techcompanies.
This is a full-time position, initially on a 6-month contract with high likelihood of extension.
- Work with leading educators and academics to generate outstanding new content
- Write short form factual scripts to briefs for a teenage audience
- Source and select footage and where appropriate adapt Twig’s existing resources
- Work with our archive and rights team to ensure content is clearable and cleared
- Develop and build new relationships with external contributors
- Collaborate with internal and external researchers, content developers and editorial leads
- Work specifically with editors to deliver the highest standard films, to time and budget
- Support the broader team of producers, senior producer and executive producer day-to-day
What is it like to work with us?
As a company we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Plus our Glasgow office is dog-friendly!
Some other benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- Free refreshments including breakfast, hot drinks and snacks
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, and other benefits
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply for this role, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV along with a covering letter demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Applications close on Friday 23rd August 2019 at 5pm.