Freelance Archive Researcher
Posted: 19th March, 2021
Deadline: 16th April, 2021
Contract: 8 weeks FTC, full time - immediate start
Salary: Depending on experience
Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Twig Education
At Twig Education we’re passionate about STEM education and we’re passionate about digital.
Our reputation is based on designing and producing easy-to-use teacher and student tools that engage students. These high-quality, hands-on materials, assessments, multimedia and digital are inspiring learners and teachers around the world. Our programs allow for flexible implementation models for in-person and/or virtual delivery of lessons.
Working closely with our collaborative “think tank” which includes Imperial College of London, Stanford SCALE and classroom specialists, we deliver award-winning, groundbreaking K-12 Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics education programs.
We are a dynamic company with a performance-enhancing culture with a mission to provide access to high-quality education, inclusion and equity for all students.
We are currently seeking an Archive Researcher to join our production team for 2 months, to source archive footage, stills and documents for a series of short history documentaries for young students in America. You will work with a small team of Producers to generate and develop ideas for films based around existing and available archive. You will be further supported by our Archive and Media team.
- Undertaking independent research to a broad or specific brief
- Sourcing archives to work with around the world with a focus on those with a specialism in American history
- Identifying and research footage, stills, texts or other media for film development
- Contacting third parties to investigate, negotiate and clear/ licence media
- Arranging delivery of screeners/previews and final archive content
- Creating and updating archive logs and credit information
Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years experience working in Researcher roles within TV production
- Determination to find the very best archive to tell the very best stories
- Ability to balance great archive opportunities with budget considerations
- Confidence to contact third parties and negotiate where required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a small team remotely, keeping colleagues informed of progress and identifying risks
- Able to demonstrate good judgement and prioritisation
- Experienced and comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Resilience and adaptability
- A genuine interest or qualification in American History
- A working knowledge of copyright law
- An understanding of differing rights issues across global territories and platforms
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and covering letter, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role. Applications close at 12pm on Friday the 16th April but we will prioritise candidates who apply early.
NB: Though this role would normally be based in our Glasgow office, staff are currently home-working until it is safe for us to move back to an in-office environment. We are reviewing our plans in line with Scottish Government policy.