Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: 28th January, 2021
Contract: 6 month FTC, full time
Salary: Circa £23,000 (depending on experience)
Deadline: 5pm, Friday 12th February 2021
About Twig Education
At Twig Education we’re passionate about STEM education and we’re passionate about digital.
Our reputation is based on designing and producing easy-to-use teacher and student tools that engage students. These high-quality, hands-on materials, assessments, multimedia and digital are inspiring learners and teachers around the world. Our programs allow for flexible implementation models for in-person and/or virtual delivery of lessons.
Working closely with our collaborative “think tank” which includes Imperial College of London, Stanford SCALE and classroom specialists, we deliver award-winning, groundbreaking K-12 Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics education programs.
We are a dynamic company with a performance-enhancing culture with a mission to provide access to high-quality education, inclusion and equity for all students.
We are looking to hire a Graphic Designer with an exceptional eye for detail and interest in editorial design to work on a range of projects within our busy Design department. The successful candidate will be a team player with excellent organisation and communication skills and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Designing creative and engaging visual materials for print and digital platforms.
- Working across editorial, illustrative and photographic formats.
- Ensuring designed assets conform to established principles of legibility and accessibility.
- Adhering to and maintaining company style guidelines and templates to ensure consistency and efficiency.
- Image research, sourcing and editing.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in a design environment that can be evidenced by relevant portfolio examples.
- Highly proficient user of InDesign.
- A good understanding of Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Strong attention to detail and methodical approach to work.
- Excellent communication and team-working skills.
- An independent, self-motivated individual, who is able to work to a tight schedule.
- An understanding of print production.
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries in line with market rates
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthshield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV, covering letter and portfolio of your work, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role. Please don’t wait to apply as we’ll be looking at applications as they come in.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, this position will be home based until we are able to return to our Glasgow office.