Head of Editorial Services (Maternity Cover)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: 17 June 2021
Start Date: Immediate / July/August 2021
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Work Style: Flexible/Remote working
Contract: fixed term, 12 months
Closing date: Monday 5 July
About Twig Education
At Twig Education our mission is to inject real-world wonder, inclusivity and equity into every program we make. We work closely with our collaborative “think tank” including Imperial College of London, and Stanford SCALE, to deliver groundbreaking K-12 STEM and ELA education. Founded on this robust pedagogy and subject matter expertise, our programs are elevated to new levels of student engagement and excitement using world-beating multimedia assets.
This is a key role for a highly motivated individual with both excellent leadership and editorial skills. The job involves communicating across departments to ensure that tasks are completed to a high quality and to strict, sometimes very tight, deadlines. The successful candidate would be expected to scope and brief tasks, mentor and develop content editors, and complete editorial jobs as and when required. This is the perfect role for a manager who is keen to use their editorial skills!
We are looking for a candidate with experience managing an editorial team, and ensuring that content meets high-quality standards. The role will require strong leadership and strategic thinking skills along with the ability to recruit, train, communicate and collaborate with a large team.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Managing a team of highly skilled editors to maintain editorial quality across published Twig products
- Managing customer feedback and fixes in Customer Relationship Management Service (SalesForce) in a timely manner
- Scoping and making revisions to print and digital content in time to meet the deadlines for state Adoptions
- Managing the various editions and versions of print and digital files
- Managing curriculum mapping
- Creating standards correlations, crosswalks, and rubrics for state adoptions and pilots
- Providing editorial support across projects and departments as required
- Supporting the sales and marketing teams.
Qualifications and experience:
- You have first-hand experience managing a team of editors
- You have excellent editorial skills, and experience working as a content editor
- You have excellent leadership skills, and the ability to train and mentor content editors
- You have proven track record of meeting deadlines, and completing projects on time
- You have excellent organisational and communication skills
- You are confident to make recommendations/decisions quickly and thoughtfully.
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries in line with market rates
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthshield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and covering letter, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 5 July 2021
NB: Though this role would normally be based in our Glasgow office, staff are currently home-working until it is safe for us to move back to an in-office environment. We are reviewing our plans in line with Scottish Government policy.