Head of Maths Editorial
Posted: 6th May, 2020Glasgow or London
Building on the success of our revolutionary K-8 Twig Science program that delivers the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), Twig Education is now developing a K-8 Math Common Core program – Twig Math – that will dramatically improve maths teaching and learning and win significant market share across the US.
To ensure the success of this ambitious project, we are looking for an innovative Head of Maths Editorial to bring leadership, experience and vision to Twig’s Content team. Collaborating closely with Digital, Sales and Marketing teams, the Head of Maths Editorial will support the Chief Creative Officer to drive the Twig Math product vision and build and execute against the product roadmap, ensuring a product that is fit for purpose and market-ready.
This is a key senior role for an ambitious and creative individual who shares Twig’s commitment to creating “aha” moments for teachers and learners alike, inspiring understanding and making learning magical. The role will require strong leadership and strategic thinking skills along with the ability to communicate and collaborate with a large team to deliver this flagship project for the business.
The Head of Maths Editorial will be a visible leader for Twig Math, championing the product with internal and external stakeholders. Working alongside the Digital Maths lead, the Head of Maths Editorial will also work closely with Sales and Marketing to incorporate and adapt feedback from customers, teachers and students to define the product vision and the holistic classroom experience.
The Head of Maths Editorial will lead the editorial development of the product in alignment with the design goals of the Digital, Sales and Marketing teams, ensuring the product will be listed for US state adoptions and achieve strong sales. The Head of Maths Editorial will work with the Sales, Marketing and Digital Teams to design testing programs to validate product decisions, track customer feedback, competitors and market trends, using the data to adapt and evolve Twig Math, to ensure the product becomes a market leader.
To achieve the above the Head of Maths Editorial will need to:
- Be a compelling leader who will build trusted relationships with colleagues from wide-ranging disciplines
- Coach a talented, diverse team to deliver at a high standard
- Be focused on achieving outcomes related to producing a best-in-class product that complements Twig’s existing product suite
- Exhibit judgement and expertise about how to design a winning product
- Be passionate about maths and believe that all students are maths people.
Qualifications and experience
- You have worked in maths education at a leadership level with a core publisher, an innovative product company, and/or in a school district or local authority
- You have first-hand experience of the process for ensuring best practices are integrated into every aspect of a product’s evolution
- You have outstanding relationship management skills with a track record of meeting deadlines
- You have managed a team, building a cohesive culture while holding the team accountable for high performance goals
- You understand what it’s like to teach maths and are familiar with the pain points of Twig’s core audience
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV along with a covering letter demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Closing date: 20 May 2020
Location: Glasgow or London
Start Date: May 2020 (negotiable)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Work Style: Office-based with flexibility for some home working