Head of Product Development
Posted: 9th April, 2019Beijing, China
About Twig Education
Twig Education is a multi-award-winning education company specializing in short films and media-rich instructional materials and curriculum solutions for K-12 learning. We create vibrant learning resources that turn fun into understanding. We accelerate learning for kids by adding the magic that brings it to life. Available in over 60 countries, translatable into any language, our content is used around the world to deliver engaging multimedia STEM learning experiences.
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of STEM education. For over 10 years, our products and services have been revolutionizing classrooms around the world. Our renowned skills in content creation are matched only by our accomplishments in innovative product development.
To drive Twig’s success to new heights, the leadership team are now looking to establish a China based team. This role has been created to help Twig develop products to meet the growing demand in China. We are searching for someone who can truly turn understanding of the market and consumer insight into product ideas and manage the whole process of product development. The person will work closely with the China team, the global cross-functional teams and partner/ suppliers in order to deliver the fun, inspiring and practical content needed for the new products.
It is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and experienced person who is passionate about education. You will be reporting to the VP of Asia directly and closely involved in shaping Twig’s strategy while playing a key role in Twig’s growth in China.
- Provide support to develop a China business plan and product strategy.
- Lead on product roadmap planning and series of products development in China including but not limited to research, develop product ideas/concept, prototyping and testing.
- Analyse and keep track of customer needs and product performance in a data-driven way and seek to constantly improve customer experience.
- Work with the China team, global cross-functional teams and partners to develop product solutions and product localisation/ adaptation.
- Work closely with marketing and sales team to develop business cases and to support go-to-market planning, field marketing events, pre-sales product proposals and after-sales service delivery.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in product development preferably in the field of Education
- Self-motivated and determined– someone who wants to do it better and make a difference
- Strong project management skills
- Data and insight driven
- Be highly independent with ability to report at all levels while also having confidence to ask for support when needed
- Be a team player with the ability to positively influence peers
- Excellent communication skills and good English proficiency (IELTS6.5 and equivalent)
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Deep understanding of the Chinese education market, e.g. STEM, online learning, curriculum design, is desirable
- Team management experience preferable