Posted: 15th April 2021
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Closing Date: 7 May 2021
At Twig Education we’re passionate about STEM education and we’re passionate about digital. We are a dynamic company with a performance-enhancing culture with a mission to provide access to high-quality education, inclusion and equity for all students.
Are you ready to bring your incredible Human Resources talents to bear in a dynamic growing organisation that values purpose, inclusion, impact, passion, innovation, integrity, and customer care? If so, we invite you to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join a team that’s delivering award-winning, groundbreaking Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics education programs to students around the world.
The HR Director leads Human Resources efforts to ensure performance and organisational excellence, adherence with all regulatory, compliance and legal human resources issues, and promotes an environment of respect for all employees.
In this role you will work closely with senior leaders to develop, enhance, and implement effective human resource strategies and programs, including organisational development and training, safety, talent acquisition, performance and talent management, compensation and benefits.
This role is designed for HR leaders with expertise in blending their strategic HR competencies with strong hands-on capabilities to support growing organisations.
Key responsibilities include:
Design and implement HR strategy that supports the achievement of short and long-term business objectives
Hire, develop, manage, and inspire the HR team to achieve strategic goals
Develop and implement effective recruitment processes and collaborate with the senior management team to create an innovative resourcing strategy
Audit existing employment contracts; recommend and implement necessary changes for future contracts
Build and nurture a high-performance work culture
Develop and implement a cogent talent management strategy encompassing engagement, communication, reward and recognition, staff development, inclusion, diversity, equity and access
Work in concert with the senior management team to develop a competitive and fiscally responsible compensation and benefits strategy that supports talent acquisition, engagement and retention objectives
Develop and implement performance management strategy in collaboration with senior management team
Create, review and update job descriptions
Develop and implement meaningful onboarding/offboarding processes
Create organised HR intranet site/portal
Train, coach and mentor leaders and staff
Plan HR automation and coordinate selection, implementation, and maintenance of HR technology
Proactively prepare, analyse and share insights from HR data, identifying and acting on trends, risks and opportunities
Skills and experience
- At least 15 years of HR experience, including at least 5 years of supervisory experience
- Proven track record developing organisational HR strategy
- Outstanding critical thinking skills, with ability to anticipate and prevent problems, make thoughtful decisions, obtain input and buy-in, anticipate and consider the impact of decisions and make unpopular decisions when necessary
- Competency in operating tactically in all areas of HR
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to quickly develop trust and credibility with all stakeholders to develop strong partnerships
- Excellent oral and written communication and listening skills, including ability to handle difficult or emotionally charged communications respectfully and diplomatically
- Approachability and empathy
- Skilled in managing a fair workload, taking on additional responsibility, accepting accountability and managing priorities
- Accomplished at targeting and achieving results, directly and through team members, setting goals, overcoming obstacles, establishing team standards, and creating a results-focused environment
- Proficiency in accuracy and attention to detail, commitment to quality and making continuous improvements
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills and ability to gain commitment
- Ability to research, analyze data and draw meaningful conclusions
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and to appropriately handle sensitive employee and company information
- Accomplished at coaching and influencing at all levels
- Strong computer skills, including Google Suite, MS Office, HRIS and ATS systems experience
- Willingness and ability to work off/extended hours when needed
- Must be able to travel up to 10%
- Master’s degree or MBA
- HR certification – CIPD Advanced Diploma or equivalent
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and covering letter, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday the 7th May 2021 but we will prioritise candidates who apply early.