Interactive Content Coordinator
Posted: 27th August, 2019Glasgow, United Kingdom
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 80 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents.
If you love the challenge of research, have a head for science and a love of multimedia then this could be the job for you.
You’ll need to be a great communicator and coordinator as you’ll be working across multiple teams – curriculum development, content and web – as together they create engaging, beautiful and compelling interactives which bring to life the magic of science. You’ll also need to be organised, proactive, and love nothing better than keeping things on track, keeping stakeholders updated and hitting a deadline.
- Researching suitable ideas for educational interactive science resources
- Developing and writing very clear briefing documents
- Sourcing or commissioning assets needed for use in the interactive (e.g., data sets, film clips, animated sequences, illustrations, copy)
- Coordinating between teams to ensure they are delivering what you need on time – and vice-versa
- Keeping to schedule
- Reporting risk.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Team player
- Good analytical thinking skills and proactive problem-solver
- Disciplined, yet flexible enough to adapt to changing priorities
- Takes initiative to suggest changes and solve problems with a “can do” approach
- Ability to make recommendations/decisions confidently, quickly and thoughtfully.
What is it like to work at Twig?
We strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Plus our Glasgow office is dog-friendly!
Some other benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- Free refreshments including breakfast, hot drinks and snacks
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension contributions and other benefitT
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
Please send your CV and covering letter via our Online Application Form.
Deadline: Friday 6 September, 2019.
Interviews: Priority may be given to early respondents. Interviews will take place from September 2.
Pay: Circa £23,000, depending on experience
Contract Type: Full Time, Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 3 month initial contract with potential for 12 months