International Product Manager
Posted: 2nd September, 2019
Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Twig Education
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 80 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents.
Are you an experienced Product Manager looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skills and career in a great working environment? If you are able to develop a deep understanding of customers’ needs, and you are passionate about great products that can make a difference, we have the perfect job for you!
Your main responsibility will be to research and ideate new Twig products and solutions suitable for the international market, taking a product from the earliest strategy sessions all the way to successful market adoption. This includes working with the international sales team to identify and prioritise market opportunities; defining the product vision; developing product requirements; building business cases to support product investment and prioritising solutions.
You will also work and communicate effectively with other functions in the business (content development, tech, sales, marketing) to bring exceptional products to market.
Key Responsibilities (short-term)
- Work with the Chief Commercial Officer and the International Sales team to evaluate the market and identify commercial partner opportunities
- Develop requirements for potential product/solutions for the international market
- Build business cases to support investment
- Work with the Chief Creative Officer and Chief Digital Officer and their teams to help define product solutions
- Work with the Product Marketing team to develop product propositions, marketing collateral and launch.
- Post-launch, work with the International Sales team on product training and client acquisition
Minimum Person Requirements
- Proven experience as a Product Manager preferably in the education sector
- Experience of developing solutions for a specific market segment
- Demonstrable success defining and launching high quality products
- Evidence of successful monetisation of new products/solutions
- Strong ability to influence across functions
- An understanding of brand and design principles
- Creativity – an ability to develop innovative and cutting-edge solutions
- Good technical knowledge of digital and print based solutions
- Hard-working, drive and determination – someone who wants to make a difference
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Plus our Glasgow office is dog-friendly!
Some other benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- Free refreshments including breakfast, hot drinks and snacks
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension contributions and other benefits
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
Contract: Fixed term for 6 months
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start date: Immediate
To apply please complete the Online Application Form, attaching your CV and a covering letter.