Lead Graphic Designer
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: 30th September, 2020
Deadline: 15th October, 2020 at 5pm
Contract: 6 months, Full Time
About Twig Education
Shape the Future of Digital Education
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Our award-winning resources aim to instill in students a sense of excitement for the subjects they are learning whilst increasing the confidence and creativity of teachers to deliver inspiring lessons.
Our innovative development team of around 150 filmmakers, designers, editors, coders, and writers is based in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park
Having recently secured a multi-million pound investment from a top ten globally ranked UK university, Twig Education is quickly becoming recognised as a key driver of change in digital education.
- Developing and implementing design concepts
- Developing and maintaining template files, including typographic styles and page masters
- Briefing and supporting Graphic Designers to ensure work is completed consistently and on schedule
- Carrying out final checks on files before printing
- Supporting the Design Manager to implement new processes and practices to improve efficiency
- Designing high-quality visuals and text-based content to brand guidelines
- Working with translated versions of design files to ensure they are at the appropriate standard for print and digital
- Ensuring designed assets meet accessibility legislation
- Image research, sourcing and editing
- Background in graphic design, typography and illustration
- Expert knowledge of InDesign
- Strong knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong attention to detail and methodical approach to work
- Excellent communication and team-working skills
- Ability to work to a tight production schedule
- Proofreading experience
- Understanding of asset management
- Experience with spreadsheet tracking systems
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Team player
- Good analytical thinking skills and proactive problem solver
- Disciplined and methodical when following guidelines and templates, yet flexible enough to adapt to changing priorities
- Takes initiative to suggest changes and solve problems with a “can do” approach
- Ability to make recommendations/decisions confidently, quickly, and thoughtfully
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Some other benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension contributions and other benefits