Posted: 1 November 2021
Contract: Full time, permanent
Salary: £26-29k p.a. depending on experience
Twig Education creates incredible, inclusive Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) learning experiences full of aha! moments that students remember forever. We couldn’t do this without creative and passionate people who challenge and inspire each other.
That’s where you come in! Working for Twig means getting the chance to use your talents to the fullest, doing work that makes the world a better place in an environment where your contributions get noticed.
Twig launched in 2011. Our resources, created in collaboration with Imperial College London and Stanford University, are now used by millions of teachers and students in over 60 countries and with over 20 different languages. This success didn’t happen by accident. We hire talented individuals, give them the chance to shine, and recognise the impact they make on Twig and on the lives of students across the globe. We’re here to change the world of STEM education. Want to join us?
A position has become available for a highly competent, driven and organised Logistics Coordinator to oversee and facilitate the print supply chain within Twig Education worldwide. One of the main goals of the position is to ensure the smooth operations of a variety of channels aiming for maximum efficiency and timely delivery.
Twig launched in 2011, and our resources are now used by millions of teachers in over 60 countries and in 20 different languages. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic and innovative educational media company, and your role will be vital in getting these resources quickly and effectively to their recipients across the globe.
- Work closely with the UK Print managers to ensure seamless organisation from the end of the print process to the logistics process and final delivery to the fulfilment house.
- Work closely with US Operations and assist with logistics of new and existing products.
- Take Ownership and create ASN (advance ship notices) of products arriving into the US warehouse.
- Budget management – communicate with shipping Agents to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction.
- Organising and managing our shipping agent for the print to go as packs or pallets by air or sea container.
- Ensure the fulfilment house has copies of the delivery notes and track shipping ensuring the relevant people are kept informed of the process – own and manage.
- Ensure fulfilment consolidation matches what you printed and shipped.
- Plan and track the shipment of final products according to customer requirements
- Keep logs and records of stock and executed orders
- Keep accurate reports for internal and external stakeholders.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in Logistics and Shipping – With a focus on International export from the UK to the US.
- Experience in Ocean Exports and International Air Freight, and be fully conversed with the associated operational processes and documentation.
- Proficient in data recording and IT in order to utilise logistics IT to optimise shipping and transport procedures
- Accurate reporting skills are required for the position
- Proficiency in Excel, google sheets and other tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organisation & coordination abilities required
- Great record-keeping abilities
- Customer oriented approach
- Experienced in supply management principles and practices
Experience in the print sector, a solid print background
What’s in it for you?
Your job will offer diversity and fulfillment as well as professional and personal development. Twig has an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are competitive
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Health Shield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
- Office in an attractive location
- Being part of a lively, fun team
Home based with occasional trips to the Glasgow office and other offices as required.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Twig is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Think you might fit this role?
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and covering letter, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role. Applications close at 5pm on 14 November 2021.