Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: 2nd February 2022
Deadline: 18th February 2022
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Salary: Circa £30,000 p.a. (depending on experience)
About Twig Education
Twig Education creates incredible, inclusive Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) learning experiences full of aha! moments that students remember forever. We couldn’t do this without creative and passionate people who challenge and inspire each other.
That’s where you come in! Working for Twig means getting the chance to use your talents to the fullest, doing work that makes the world a better place in an environment where your contributions get noticed.
Twig launched in 2011. Our resources, created in collaboration with Imperial College London and Stanford University, are now used by millions of teachers and students in over 60 countries and with over 20 different languages. This success didn’t happen by accident. We hire talented individuals, give them the chance to shine, and recognise the impact they make on Twig and on the lives of students across the globe. We’re here to change the world of STEM education. Want to join us?
The main purpose of this role is to assist the Director of Strategic Marketing in all aspects of the smooth running of the Marketing department’s project portfolio, including working with other departments to manage the production of video, print and digital marketing materials.
Working alongside the Director of Strategic Marketing as well as our Senior Digital Marketing Strategist and Graphic Design Copy, and Video teams, the Marketing Project Co-ordinator must ensure everyone knows what they need to deliver and when in order to keep the department’s deliverables on track.
- Project planning and scheduling
- Resource planning
- Project governance – create and maintain project documentation
- Ensure adherence to project systems and protocols (e.g. file naming)
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Reporting status and risk
- Managing and communicating change in scope or schedule to relevant stakeholders
- Tracking content streams, ensuring adherence to schedule, process
- Keeping the project on schedule, raising risks and finding solutions in a timely fashion
- Suggesting and implementing improvements to systems and protocols
Expected behaviours include:
- Being proactive in understanding the business needs of Twig and how your role contributes to the success of the company. Ask why things work the way they do and whether there is a better way to deliver.
- Thinking critically about what is being asked in a task, identify what is really needed and think through the consequences. Use your initiative.
- Communicating clearly, concisely, comprehensively and appropriately with relevant stakeholders. Make good judgments on who needs to know what and when and the tone of communication. Present the right amount of information in a way that is easily understood.
- Articulating risks at a point when there is time to devise a solution. Risks could include issues that prevent Twig meeting deadlines or maintaining the quality of our output.
- Actively contributing to the solution-focused, collaborative culture of Twig Education, driving synergy and understanding between departments and teams.
- The Marketing Project Co-ordinator reports to the Director of Strategic Marketing
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries in line with market rates
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthshield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
We expect to operate a hybrid working model with some days spent in the Glasgow office and some working from home. Where homeworking is allowed, the postholder is responsible for ensuring they have a suitable working space which supports high performance.
Equal opportunities statement
Twig is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Think you might be right for this role? We’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and covering letter, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role. Please don’t wait to apply as we’ll be looking at applications as they come in.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, this position will be home based until we are able to return to our Glasgow office.