Media Archive Researcher
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: 1st October, 2020
Deadline: 14th October, 2020
Contract: 6-month initial contract with the potential for 12 months
Start: As soon as possible
About Twig Education
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in more than 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 80 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents.
We are looking for talented archive researchers to source, clear and manage still and moving images for use in our award-winning multi-media education products.
If you have a proven track record in broadcast or archive management, love the challenge of research, have a head for science and a love of multimedia then this could be the job for you.
You’ll need to be a great communicator and coordinator as you’ll be working across multiple teams – curriculum development, content and web – as together they create engaging, beautiful and compelling films, interactives and text books which bring to life the magic of science. You’ll also need to be organised, proactive, and love nothing better than keeping things on track.
Skills & Experience
- At least 2-3 experience in archive research and management
- Excellent research skills and knowledge of archive collections
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Intellectual Property and Copyright legal considerations.
- Excellent command of spreadsheets ( Excel / Gsheets)
- Ability to interpret a brief intelligently and thoughtfully
- Sourcing suitable still and / or moving images, for educational science resources
- Clearing various media or derivative information for use (data sets, film clips, animated sequences, illustrations, copy).
- Logging and tracking 3rd Party usage
- Coordinating between teams to ensure they are delivering what you need on time – and vice-versa
- Keeping to schedule and reporting risk.
- Team player
- Good analytical thinking skills and proactive problem-solver
- Disciplined, yet flexible enough to adapt to changing priorities
- Takes initiative to suggest changes and solve problems with a “can do” approach
- Ability to make recommendations/decisions confidently, quickly and thoughtfully.
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Some other benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension contributions and other benefits