Middle School Science Curriculum Developer
Posted: 2nd April, 2019
Remote, United States
Twig Education creates and delivers award-winning K-12 STEM programs to over 60 countries in 19 languages. We use a unique storytelling approach which structures learning around a narrative to aid student sensemaking and heighten engagement. Our goal is to create a scientifically literate society by inspiring the next generation of scientists and engineers.
We are currently looking to recruit experienced freelance 6-8 Curriculum Developers to develop our Twig Science curriculum content for middle school learners.
- Producing a year-long curriculum for Grade 6, 7 or 8 which covers the NGSS standards.
- Generating and evolving ideas for integrated science projects for 6-8 classrooms
- Managing a team of writers to develop teaching and learning materials for the curriculum, including lesson plans, video and interactive briefs
- Ensure the successful integration of meaningful assessment throughout the curriculum
- Work with specialists to integrate EL, equitable representation and access requirements into the curriculum
- Provide constructive feedback and critique of ideas
- Incorporate feedback from the testing of activities and project concepts
A successful candidate will have:
5+ years experience teaching STEM subjects at Grades 6-8
Ongoing engagement with learners in a classroom or elsewhere
3+ years experience of curriculum development within STEM
Demonstrable understanding of what makes an engaging science lesson
Demonstrable understanding of the needs of diverse learner groups
Knowledge of different state and NGSS requirements
Strong oral and written communication skills
Experience of managing teams
Ability to problem-solve pragmatically
Ability to manage the requirements of multiple stakeholders
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is
recognised and rewarded.
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
Apply via our Online Application Form.
Contract Duration: 12 months
Project Start date: Summer 2019
Salary: Competitive equivalent to daily rate.
Contract terms: full-time contract
Deadline for applications Friday, April 19