Middle School Science Lesson Writer
Posted: 2nd April, 2019
Remote, United States
Twig Education creates and delivers award-winning K-12 STEM programs to over 60 countries in 19 languages. We use a unique storytelling approach structures learning around a narrative to aid student sensemaking and heighten engagement. Our goal is to create a scientifically literate society by inspiring the next generation of scientists and engineers.
We are currently looking to recruit enthusiastic freelance 6-8 Lesson Writers to work with our Curriculum Developers to write Twig Science materials for middle school learners.
- Write teaching and learning materials for the science curriculum, including lesson plans, video and interactive briefs, which meet NGSS standards
- Write and embed integrated assessment items in the lessons
- Use appropriate learning routines to build and consolidate understanding of science concepts
- Work with specialists to integrate EL, equitable representation and access requirements into the lessons
- Incorporate feedback from the curriculum developer and editors
A successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years experience teaching STEM subjects at Grades 6-8
- Experience writing lesson plans to fit curriculum requirements
- Ongoing engagement with learners in a classroom or elsewhere
- Demonstrable understanding of what makes an engaging science lesson
- Demonstrable understanding of the needs of diverse learner groups
- Knowledge of different state science standards and NGSS requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work to a writing brief and deliver to tight deadlines
- Willingness to develop and evolve materials as part of a team
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is
recognised and rewarded.