Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: Monday 16 August 2021
Pay: £35,000 p.a dependent on experience
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: 6 month contract
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 25 August 2021
About Twig Education
At Twig Education we’re passionate about STEM education and we’re passionate about digital.
Our reputation is based on designing and producing easy-to-use teacher and student tools that engage students. These high-quality, hands-on materials, assessments, multimedia and digital are inspiring learners and teachers around the world. Our programs allow for flexible implementation models for in-person and/or virtual delivery of lessons.
Working closely with our collaborative “think tank” which includes Imperial College of London, Stanford SCALE and classroom specialists, we deliver award-winning, groundbreaking K-12 Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics education programs.
We are a dynamic company with a performance-enhancing culture with a mission to provide access to high-quality education, inclusion and equity for all students.
About the job:
We are looking to find a Multi-Media Producer to join a brand new science based project.
We are looking for someone who is organised, creative, flexible, a quick learner, and completely unflappable.
The purpose of the job is to oversee a small team and take the lead on ideas generation, research, writing briefs and outlines, and align each piece of content with our curriculum, as well as keeping track of content as it moves from the spark of an idea to a complex multimedia product.
- Oversee development of content ideas to explore exciting science phenomena
- Undertake independent research to a broad or specific brief
- Evaluate and write briefs on research and tracking process
- View archive material, select relevant sections and brief script writing team
- Liaise with education experts, scriptwriters, design team, and producers on educational film production
- Manage and implement the feedback received from experts on content
- Keep track of delivery, review and feedback schedule between internal and external partners.
- Collating and keeping track of delivery, review and feedback schedules between internal departments and external partners
Experience & skills:
The ideal candidate could come from a range of backgrounds, as the role is multifaceted: it takes in elements of research, production, content management and editorial work, as well as requiring a sound ability to understand science and educational practices.
As such, experience in either of the following areas will be a benefit:
- Research or development roles in film and multimedia production
- Educational or scientific content production
- Teaching or experience working with primary-aged kids
We would also expect the right candidate to be:
- Creative and imaginative, and able to turn creative ideas into practical reality
- Experienced and comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Experienced in working with external partners and managing relationships sensitively
- An excellent communicator, both in writing and verbally
- Prepared to lead and work as part of a strong team and take joint responsibility for results
- Able to demonstrate good judgement and prioritisation
- Analytical – able to simplify complex problems, process projects into component parts, gain an understanding of the ‘big picture’ quickly
- Resilient and adaptable
Please note this is not an entry-level role – we need someone who can hit the ground running.
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries in line with market rates
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthshield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
Think you might fit this role?
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and covering letter demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role. Applications close at 5pm on 16 July 2021.
We will be reviewing applications as they come in (i.e. before the final deadline) so don’t wait to apply.
Please Note: Due to COVID-19, this position will be home based until we are able to return to our Glasgow office.