Posted: 1st April, 2019
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Twig Education is a rapidly expanding, award-winning digital media company focused on excellence in online educational content and delivery. Our busy team works across web, editorial, publishing and film production. It is a fun, complex, fast-paced environment with over 80 people based in offices in Glasgow, London and California.
We are looking for an amazing office manager who can hit the ground running and who will be a great fit for our company culture. Twig Education is a vibrant place to work and no two days are the same for our office manager. Therefore, we are looking for someone that is energetic, organised, proactive and adaptable – a great plate spinner with a can-do attitude!
The main purpose of the role is to organise all aspects of the day to day running of the office in Glasgow to provide a productive, efficient, smooth running working environment for our team. The Office Manager also supports our Senior Management Team, assists with aspects of our HR and financial processes, plans fabulous social events and is generally the go-to person in the office.
The position is a full-time permanent role, with working hours 9 am – 5.30 pm Monday to Friday.
- Reception duties including answering phones, opening mail, meeting and greeting
- Managing the office and meeting spaces, ensuring we are well stocked and organised at all times
- Event management; business and social
- Supporting the Head of HR in recruitment and maintaining HR systems (absence reporting, annual leave)
- Managing credit card and petty cash payments and reconciliation
- PA duties for the CEO who is based in California, including diary management and ad-hoc admin duties
- Supporting the onboarding of US employees including setting up email and providing basic IT support
- Coordinating domestic and international travel and accommodation including required visas etc.
- Managing key relationships and accounts with external suppliers such as IT support, cleaning, security etc.
- Maintaining the office, arranging necessary repairs and replacements
- General admin tasks (eg. filing, data entry/management)
- Supporting our Senior Leadership Team (mainly London based) with admin, research, travel etc.
- Maintaining the staff portal through Google sites
This list is in no way exhaustive.
Skills and experience:
- 2+ years experience in a similar role, preferably in a media/creative industry environment
- Extensive experience in day‐to‐day office management
- Experience of stakeholder management.
- Experience in event organisation
- Excellent knowledge and competence with G-Suite, Microsoft Office and other IT office management tools
- Experience of supporting staff across multiple locations
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Very IT literate
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Extremely well organised
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Excellent communication skills, written & verbal
What is it like to work at Twig?
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- Pension scheme
- Free refreshments including breakfast, hot drinks and snacks are available daily
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension contributions and other benefits
- We finish early on a pay-day Friday and we like to socialise
- Airy open plan offices next to Kelvingrove Park with lovely views
- Outside balcony for lunching al fresco – when the weather is good!
- Dog friendly office, dogs on both floors.
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply for this role, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV along with a covering letter demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Applications close on Wednesday 10th April 2019 at 5 pm.