Post Production Assistant
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: 28th October, 2020
Salary: c. £20,000 p.a dependant on experience
Deadline: 11th November, 2020
Contract: 6 months, Full Time
About Twig Education
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 140 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents
About the role
The role of Post Production Assistant is made up of two things: working on new films that come through from our Production team; and International Reversioning, where we turn our original UK English films into different languages.
The successful candidate will be a team player with excellent organisation and communication skills, have an exceptional eye for detail and be able to work to tight deadlines. They will also have experience of working in a Post Production environment, with a working knowledge of Premiere Pro, and ideally some experience using Apple Motion and After Effects. Please note that having another language is not necessary for this role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Simple and complex graphics editing
- Making simple edits and shot replacements
- Asset management
- Output and quality control
- Delivering projects on time
- Other Post Production tasks as and when required
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience of After Effects and Apple Motion
- Have an excellent eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- A minimum of 12 months in a similar role
What is it like to work with us?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Some other benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension contributions and other benefits