Product Owner (Digital)
Posted: 25th February, 2021
Glasgow, United Kingdom
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it. For 10 years, our products and services have been revolutionising classrooms around the world. Our renowned skills in content creation are matched only by our accomplishments in innovative digital product development.
Three years ago Twig embarked on a new journey to diversify and accelerate growth. This change in strategy has seen very positive signs of success with both market and investor confidence at ahistorical high. We now seek to further diversify our portfolio and extend our digital capabilities in designing and creating a new multi-million pound product and therefore require someone with the capability and boldness to help us achieve our ambitions.
This role reports to the Head of Product (Digital) and is key to product success. They work in collaboration with both Digital and Content teams across Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product, Design, Support and Delivery to assist in creating product value, Twig Magic and transparency for all teams.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Own initiatives and features that are part of a larger Product Roadmap, overseeing their delivery from inception to final release to customers
- Manage and contribute to the overall Product Strategy, Vision and Roadmap owned by the Head of Digital Product
- Support and contribute to the Product go-to-market strategy
- Support in the creation of business cases as needed
- Work to clarify customer requirements and business value
- Deliver market research and analysis pertinent to product requirements
- Be part of an agile development team, fulfilling the duties of a SCRUM Product Owner
- Collaborate with our digital design team to define user flows, prototypes, high fidelity mockups of planned features
- Be comfortable working with Architects and Tech Leads to form a technical approach
- Ensure requirements are expressed as User Stories in order to expedite development
- Be able to robustly and confidently prioritise at both macro and micro level if required
- Be an ambassador for new features with confidence to present at higher levels in the organisation to ascertain feedback and stand-up for product design when appropriate
- Be able to bring evidence based decision making to balance levels of customisation against wider customer value
- Be an evangelist to both Senior Management and Junior Members of the Development Team for Product
- Ability to project long term product feature and potential resourcing needs
- Able to collaborate with Content Team to create transparent roadmaps in order to manage both internal and external communications
- Work closely with Digital, Content, Sales, Support and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction and identify revenue potential
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be outcome oriented with ability to hold others accountable for output
- Be actively involved in defining user experience surveys in order to gather frequent feedback during product conception, design and release.
Requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of 5+ years as a Senior Business Analyst, Product Owner or Product Manager ideally from a SaaS/Web Platform based solution
- Highly analytical, able to deal with complex use cases, data models and APIs
- Able to define the information architecture for a web platform/application
- Experience in managing/driving Front-end features design, UX & Usability
- Deep understanding of Agile delivery methodology
- Adequate familiarity with JIRA or equivalent, and prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, Sketch, Marvel etc
- Be able to provide on site and remote leadership for Product team by building and motivating team members to meet Product goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Ability to work work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Able to assist in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature processes and capabilities for the organisation
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Desirably from an Education Industry background and/or Content Management/Delivery focus
- Ability to work highly independently
- Hardworking, enthusiastic team player who demonstrates flexibility
- Possess a high degree of initiative and independent judgement with excellent troubleshooting
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills including ability to present complex information in a simplistic manner to senior leaders.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Ability to confidently challenge the status-quo and seek alternative solutions
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries in line with market rates
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthshield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and covering letter, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Interviews: Priority may be given to early respondents.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, this position will be home based until we are able to return to our Glasgow office.