Product Owner (Digital)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: 22 March 2022
£48,000 - £52,000 depending on experience
Minimum of 5+ years as a Senior Business Analyst, Product Owner or Product Manager ideally from a SaaS/Web Platform based solution Ideally from an EdTech, Education/Teaching background and/or Content Management/Delivery/Publishing focus
Role can be office-based (Glasgow) or remote (UK based). Remote candidates will be expected to attend the Glasgow office in person at least 6 times per year.
Twig Education creates incredible, inclusive Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) learning experiences full of aha! moments that students remember forever. We couldn’t do this without creative and passionate people who challenge and inspire each other.
That’s where you come in! Working for Twig means getting the chance to use your talents to the fullest, doing work that makes the world a better place in an environment where your contributions get noticed.
Twig launched in 2011. Our resources, created in collaboration with Imperial College London and Stanford University, are now used by millions of teachers and students in over 60 countries and with over 20 different languages. This success didn’t happen by accident. We hire talented individuals, give them the chance to shine, and recognise the impact they make on Twig and on the lives of students across the globe. We’re here to change the world of STEM education. Want to join us?
We are currently seeking a Product Owner to join our Digital Team. They will work in collaboration with both Digital and Content teams across Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product, Design and Delivery to assist in creating transparency for all teams for the status of the complete product portfolio. This role reports to the Head of Product (Digital) and is key to product success.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Own initiatives and features that are part of a larger Product Roadmap, overseeing their delivery from inception to final release to customers
- Manage and contribute to the overall Product Strategy, Vision and Roadmap owned by the Senior Product Manager
- Be part of an agile development team, fulfilling the duties of a SCRUM Product Owner
- Collaborate with our digital design team to define user flows, prototypes, high fidelity mock-ups of planned features
- Be comfortable working with Architects and Tech Leads to form a technical approach
- Ensure requirements are expressed as User Stories in order to expedite development
- Be able to robustly and confidently prioritise at both macro and micro level if required
- Support and contribute to the Product go-to-market strategy
- Support in the creation of business cases as needed
- Work to clarify customer requirements and business value
- Deliver EdTech market research and analysis pertinent to product requirements
- Be an ambassador for new features with confidence to present at higher levels in the organisation to ascertain feedback and stand-up for product design when appropriate
- Be able to bring evidence based decision making to balance levels of customisation against wider customer value
- Be an evangelist to both Senior Management and Junior Members of the Development Team for Product
- Ability to project long term product feature and potential resourcing needs
- Able to collaborate with Content Team to create transparent roadmaps in order to manage both internal and external communications
- Work closely with Digital, Content, Sales, Support and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction and identify revenue potential
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be outcome oriented with ability to hold others accountable for output
- Be actively involved in defining user experience surveys in order to gather frequent feedback during product conception, design and release.
Requirement and qualifications:
- Minimum of 5+ years as a Senior Business Analyst, Product Owner or Product Manager ideally from a SaaS/Web Platform based solution
- Highly analytical, able to deal with complex use cases, data models and APIs
- Able to define the information architecture for a web platform/application
- Experience in managing/driving Front-end features design, UX & Usability
- Deep understanding of Agile delivery methodology
- Adequate familiarity with JIRA or equivalent, and prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, Sketch, Marvel etc
- Be able to provide on site and remote leadership for Product team by building and motivating team members to meet Product goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Able to assist in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature processes and capabilities for the organisation
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Ideally from an Education Industry background and/or Content Management/Delivery focus
Ability to work highly independently, in a hybrid context
Hardworking, enthusiastic team player who demonstrates flexibility
Possess a high degree of initiative and independent judgement with excellent troubleshooting
Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills
Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills including ability to present complex information in a pared down and straightforward manner to senior leaders.
Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
Ability to confidently challenge the status-quo and seek alternative solutions
What’s in it for you?
Your job will offer diversity and fulfilment as well as professional and personal development. Twig has an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are competitive
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Health Shield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
- Office in an attractive location next to a large park
- Being part of a lively, fun team
Equal Opportunities Statement
Twig is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Think you might fit this role?
Think you might fit this role?
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and covering letter, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role.