Posted: 26th August, 2019
Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Twig Education
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 80 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents.
This role is dedicated to developing, implementing and delivering the project plan for our new multi-media secondary science product. You will be working in the Content Department with our Curriculum Development, Content, Design, and Film teams, ensuring that they know what they need to deliver and when in order to keep the product on track. As such, you will have the ability to work efficiently on numerous project strands all with different workflows, timelines and outputs, bringing them to delivery on time and on budget.
The successful candidate will be a proactive problem solver with proven experience in the education or multimedia publishing industry. You will have a high degree of initiative and enthusiasm, as well as impeccable organisational, stakeholder management, and reporting skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project Planning and scheduling
- Resource planning
- Project governance – create and maintain project documentation
- Ensure adherence to project systems and protocols (e.g. file naming)
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Reporting status and risk
- Tracking content streams ensuring adherence to schedules, process and budget
- Keeping the project on schedule, raising risks and finding solutions in a timely fashion
Skills and Experience
- Proven track record in managing complex multimedia publishing projects to successful completion to agreed deadlines
- Experience in educational publishing or similar
- Experience with G-suite
- Experience of Agile Project Management techniques
Personal style and behaviour
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Confident communicator
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Team player
- Good analytical thinking skills and proactive problem-solver
- Disciplined, yet flexible enough to adapt to changing priorities
- Takes initiative to suggest changes and solve problems with a ‘can do’ approach
- Ability to make recommendations/decisions confidently, quickly and thoughtfully
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Plus our Glasgow office is dog-friendly!
Some other benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- Free refreshments including breakfast, hot drinks and snacks
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension contributions and other benefits
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
Contract: Full-time, 12 months
Start date: Immediate
Please send your CV and covering letter via this web form
Deadline: September 14.
Interviews: Priority may be given to early respondents. Interviews will take place starting from will take place Sept 2 – 14