Posted: 10 January 2022
Deadline: 28th January 2022
Contract: Full time, Fixed term to August 2022
Salary: £22,000 p.a.
Start: As soon as possible
Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Twig Education
Twig Education creates incredible, inclusive Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) learning experiences full of aha! moments that students remember forever. We couldn’t do this without creative and passionate people who challenge and inspire each other.
That’s where you come in! Working for Twig means getting the chance to use your talents to the fullest, doing work that makes the world a better place in an environment where your contributions get noticed.
Twig launched in 2011. Our resources, created in collaboration with Imperial College London and Stanford University, are now used by millions of teachers and students in over 60 countries and with over 20 different languages. This success didn’t happen by accident. We hire talented individuals, give them the chance to shine, and recognise the impact they make on Twig and on the lives of students across the globe. We’re here to change the world of STEM education. Want to join us?
The Reversioning Assistant is responsible for supporting the content management team in all aspects of the reversioning process, which includes translation and localisation of films, learning materials and websites from English into Spanish and many other languages.
- Gathering, preparing and delivering educational materials for the translation process
- Checking and QCing educational content as part of the reversioning process
- Using Spanish language skills to add value when working with content in Spanish
- Creating captions, transcripts and other metadata for educational videos
- Working in various CMS systems to ensure all content neatly and consistently formatted and properly linked
- Supporting other members of the team with admin/QC/organisational tasks as required
Skills and Experience
Essential for this role:
- Experience of proofreading or editing
- Technically literate, proficient and comfortable with spreadsheets
- Fluent in Spanish (this is a requirement because Spanish content forms a large part of our reversioning workload)
- An interest in languages more generally, and some knowledge or awareness of translation and the translation industry
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
Useful for this role:
- Skills in other languages and/or experience of translation
- Experience of using a CMS or database
- Experience of managing projects/working with schedules
- Experience of education or educational publishing
- Experience with design software such as Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
What’s in it for you?
Your job will offer diversity and fulfilment as well as professional and personal development. Twig has an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are competitive
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Health Shield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
- Office in an attractive location next to a large park
- Being part of a lively, fun team
We expect to operate a hybrid working model with some days spent in the Glasgow office and some working from home. Where homeworking is allowed, the postholder is responsible for ensuring they have a suitable working space which supports high performance.
Equal opportunities statement
Twig is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Think you might fit this role?
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, and the Equal Opportunies form, attaching a CV and covering letter, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role. Applications close at 5pm on Friday 28 January 2022.