Sales Executive – School Sales
Posted: 13th May, 2019
Glasgow, home working with regular office meetings
Twig Education is a multi-award winning education company that develops and delivers a wide range of learning and teaching resources. We specialise in creating outstanding short 2-3 min films, to help teachers teach and kids learn key learning points within the curriculum in the areas of Science, Maths and Geography. We first launched in 2011 and our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in 78 countries and in 19 different languages.
Schools in the UK and around the world purchase annual and multi-year subscriptions to our products, Tigtag Junior (ages 4-6), Tigtag (ages 7-11) and Twig (ages 11-16), which are delivered via websites online.
The Sales Executive /Junior Account Manager will work within the School Sales team. The role is currently home based and reports to the School Sales Manager. It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to come into the office at least once a week for meetings with the sales manager.
The main purpose of this role is to support the School Sales Manager in managing the new and renewal subscription process for schools to achieve an annual revenue target.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Delivering the new and renewals business revenue targets, this includes – calling and emailing schools to follow up on trials, offer demos, prepare quotes, capturing accurate data in backend systems including SalesForce, raising invoices, working with our Accountant to reconcile revenues and chase debtors.
- Onboarding new schools which may include helping to set up log-ins, basic training on how to use and get the best out of our resources etc.
- Keeping in regular contact with schools to help solve problems and get the most out of our products
- Identifying ways to improve the new business process and customer experience.
You will need to have the following skills and experience:
- An understanding of the school primary and secondary schools market
- Strong customer service orientation – proven experience in a customer facing role with examples of exceptional levels of service.
- Proven customer/sales support/account management experience with evidence of managing and improving administrative processes.
- The ability to build relationships over the phone, the ability to overcome objections and drive sales.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy in your work, with strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to represent the company on the phone (and occasionally at trade-shows/events), demonstrate our resources and engage with existing and prospective clients and partners
- A good grasp of technology, not only the use of standard IT software packages e.g. Word/Excel/PPT/Google Sheets etc. but also the ability to develop an understanding of our technological solutions
We are also looking for someone who is:
- Friendly – someone who can build rapport with a range of different people, over the phone
- Hard-working and passionate about what you do – we are a small company, don’t expect strictly 9-5!
- Reliable – we don’t want to have to monitor everything you do
- Inquisitive – hungry to learn new things and ask questions
- Fun – we like to celebrate our wins!
- Self-motivated, self-starter – able to manage your own time and work schedule
- Target oriented – you have numbers to hit, you need to enjoy that!
What is it like to work at Twig?
What do we offer you?
- Salary commensurate with a sales role at this level
- Sales bonus scheme (TBA)
- Pension contributions
- 21 days annual leave, plus 10 holidays and your Birthday Bonus
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
If you think you fit the bill, please submit a cover letter outlining why we should talk to you and your CV via our Online Application Form.
Contract: Full time, permanent contract
Closing date: 31 July 2019