Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: 5th August 2021
Contract: Full Time, 6 month fixed term
Salary: c. £22,000-£24,000 p.a dependent on experience
Closing Date: Friday 20th August 2021
About Twig Education
At Twig Education we’re passionate about STEM education and we’re passionate about digital.
Our reputation is based on designing and producing easy-to-use teacher and student tools that engage students. These high-quality, hands-on materials, assessments, multimedia and digital are inspiring learners and teachers around the world. Our programs allow for flexible implementation models for in-person and/or virtual delivery of lessons.
Working closely with our collaborative “think tank” which includes Imperial College of London, Stanford SCALE and classroom specialists, we deliver award-winning, groundbreaking K-12 Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics education programs.
We are a dynamic company with a performance-enhancing culture with a mission to provide access to high-quality education, inclusion and equity for all students.
About the Job
The purpose of this role is to support our busy creative leads with ideas generation, research, writing briefs and outlines.
- Research and initial development of science concepts and approaches
- Development and justification of potential approaches
- Assist with outlines and / or briefs
- Organise and provide summaries of research carried out
- Research and evaluate footage, and other assets (texts, activities, diagrams etc)
- Support the AP and Producer as required to complete project documentation
- Work to populate the scoping documents
- Liaise with archive and rights team to ensure content is clearable and cleared
- Maintain Twig editorial standards and production values at all times
- Other tasks as necessary
The ideal candidate could come from a range of backgrounds, as the role is multifaceted: it takes in elements of research, production, content management and editorial work, as well as requiring a sound ability to understand science and educational practices.
As such, experience in either of the following areas will be a benefit:
- Research and creative roles in factual film and multimedia production
- Educational or scientific content production
We would also expect the right candidate to be:
- Experienced and comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Experienced in working with external partners and managing relationships sensitively
- An excellent communicator, both in writing and verbally
- Prepared to work as part of a strong team and take joint responsibility for results
- Reliable and trustworthy, working remotely and collaboratively as part of a team
- Able to demonstrate good judgement and prioritisation
- Able to understand different age groups as we make content for students and teachers of all ages.
- Analytical – able to simplify complex problems, process projects into component parts, gain an understanding of the ‘big picture’ quickly
- Organised and skilled at using spreadsheets to track status and delivery
- Resilient and adaptable
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company, we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries in line with market rates
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthshield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply, please fill out our web form, making sure to upload your CV & covering letter.
We will be reviewing applications as they come in (i.e. before the final deadline) so don’t wait to apply.
Please Note: Due to COVID-19, this position will be home based until we are able to return to our Glasgow office.