Senior Project Manager (Digital)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: 11 October 2021Working arrangements: Mostly remote Contract: Full time, permanent Salary: £50-65k, depending on experience Closing date: 15 October 2021
Twig Education creates incredible, inclusive Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) learning experiences full of aha! moments that students remember forever. We couldn’t do this without creative and passionate people who challenge and inspire each other.
That’s where you come in! Working for Twig means getting the chance to use your talents to the fullest, doing work that makes the world a better place in an environment where your contributions get noticed.
Twig launched in 2011. Our resources, created in collaboration with Imperial College London and Stanford University, are now used by millions of teachers and students in over 60 countries and with over 20 different languages. This success didn’t happen by accident. We hire talented individuals, give them the chance to shine, and recognise the impact they make on Twig and on the lives of students across the globe. We’re here to change the world of STEM education. Want to join us?
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Digital Team to work in collaboration with both Digital and Content teams across Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product, Design and Delivery to assist in creating transparency for all teams for the status of the complete product portfolio.
- Own, manage and drive all aspects of digital project and program engagement from process, planning, communications, resources, budget, change & risk management spanning all Twigs digital product portfolio
- Ensure clarity on priorities is maintained with Product Management including facilitating technical input where applicable and working with Scrum Masters to ensure Sprints are planned and effective
- Work with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, technical management and development teams to ensure all upcoming work is estimated and dependencies are understood to an appropriate level
- Mediate across all key stakeholders to negate impediments
- Lead the planning of product deliverables and collaborate with Digital and Content Product Management to facilitate the creation of achievable roadmaps
- Contribute to providing input to business case development for NPI
- Maintain a view at all times on project deliverables, report as needed and therefore be the “go to” person for all project queries
- Maintain budgeting and forecast resource and software component costs
- Assist in maintaining and building external vendor relationships and in the definition of Statement of Work and Specifications for requested services
- Advocate and work collaboratively with key stakeholders within the wider ecosystem to transform and improve our Agile project management process
- Be able to step in and act as a Scrum Master in times of need
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years in Agile software development Project Management
- Lead and been responsible for managing the delivery of a number of complex multi-million dollar projects
- Coordinate the planning & delivery of projects involving >5 squads/Agile teams for both on-shore and off-shore development
- Solid familiarity with project management software (experience of Azure, Jira, Advanced Roadmaps or BigPicture is an advantage)
- Be able to provide on site and remote project management leadership for Agile Teams to help achieve project milestones.
- Establish practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature the product management processes and capabilities for the organisation
- Build and maintain strong relationships by engaging with cross competency teams and Product functions to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Robust quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and good business acumen
- A background encompassing Software Engineering, Project/Product Management and product commercials
- Previous experience as a Scrum of Scrums leader, Scrum Master on a SaaS/Web Platform based solution
- Highly collaborative personality. Be able to influence and manage effectively across your peers.
- Possess a high degree of autonomy and independent judgement with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to confidently challenge the status-quo and seek alternative solutions.
- Hardworking, enthusiastic team player who demonstrates flexibility
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills
- Outstanding communication (written, verbal and presentation), negotiation and facilitation skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
What’s in it for you?
Your job will offer diversity and fulfilment as well as professional and personal development. Twig has an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are competitive
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Health Shield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
- Office in an attractive location next to a large park
- Being part of a lively, fun team
Equal Opportunities Statement
Twig is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Think you might fit this role?
Think you might fit this role?
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and covering letter, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role. Applications close at noon UK time on 15/10/21.