Spanish Reversioning Editor
Posted: 22nd October 2020
Glasgow, United Kingdom
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 140 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents.
This role is responsible for supporting all aspects of the reversioning process, which includes translation and localisation of films, textbooks and online platforms, with a particular focus on materials translated into Spanish.
- Importing translated material into translation software to support the ongoing maintenance of previously translated content, and its output in different formats.
- Checking and verifying matched segments using translation software, and identifying segments that require translation.
- QCing and updating print files in InDesign, working with digital XML content.
- Other tasks related to reversioning such as captioning videos, creating transcripts, working in CMS to ensure all content is neatly and consistently formatted and properly structured
- Other tasks related to reversioning and content management as requested by line manager.
This role reports to the Head of Content Management & Delivery.
Skills and Experience
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience of proofreading or editing in a professional context
- Technical literacy and a high level of proficiency and comfort with spreadsheets, using a CMS and/or content/data handling in general
- Knowledge or experience of translation and the translation industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to grasp complex systems quickly
- Experience/interest in education or educational publishing
- Experience using Adobe InDesign
- Awareness of grammar and vocabulary of Latin American variants of Spanish
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Plus our Glasgow office is dog-friendly!
Some other benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension contributions and other benefits
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Contract: Full-time, fixed-term until end July 2021
Location: Although this role would be based in our Glasgow office, the team is currently working remotely. Interviews will be conducted online.
Closing date for applications is Friday 6 November.
To apply, please send us your CV and a covering letter using the online form.