Talent Management Specialist
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posted: 30 June 2022
Department: Human Resources
Salary: Competitive / Depending on Experience
Hybrid working (3 days in the Glasgow office and 2 days at home)
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
About Twig Education
Twig Education creates incredible, inclusive Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) learning experiences full of aha! moments that students remember forever. We couldn’t do this without creative and passionate people who challenge and inspire each other.
That’s where you come in! Working for Twig means getting the chance to use your talents to the fullest, doing work that makes the world a better place in an environment where your contributions get noticed.
Twig launched in 2011. Our resources, created in collaboration with Imperial College London and Stanford University, are now used by millions of teachers and students in over 60 countries and in over 20 different languages. We are now part of the Imagine Learning group based in the US. This success didn’t happen by accident. We hire talented individuals, give them the chance to shine and recognise the impact they make on Twig and on the lives of students across the globe. We’re here to change the world of STEM education. Our values are simple yet powerful:
- Do it better
- Make it magical
- Inspire understanding
You are joining Twig at an exciting time. We have just established the HR function and a small team of highly skilled professionals who are driving an ambitious People Strategy. As part of it, we are further developing a comprehensive offer to the business. You will play an instrumental role in ensuring we attract and retain the best talent to make our organisation successful. Reporting directly to the Director of HR, you will join your colleagues in supporting the business and the wellbeing of its people. You will play a pivotal role in partnering with managers to recruit talented individuals and keep their engagement and business contribution levels high.
In order to be successful in the role, you must have considerable experience in recruitment in particular for digital roles, and creating/enhancing an employer brand. In addition, you must also demonstrate experience in onboarding and retention. You will have finely tuned data analysis and market research skills and will be able to present them in an engaging format. You will also have generalist HR skills because the role involves supporting your team in wider delivery of all HR services. You will have a working knowledge of employment law and be able to use it to facilitate solutions for the business. You will be expected to work autonomously and at the same time collaborate with the team and ensure consistency of approach. Crucially, also be able to develop and maintain positive working relationships based on trust and respect while challenging constructively.
Purpose of the job
To partner with managers to attract, recruit and retain talented people we need to ensure high organisational performance.
- Provide an exceptional recruitment and hiring experience for candidates, new hires, and hiring managers.
- Partner with hiring managers throughout the talent acquisition process from start to finish, including: drafting and amending job descriptions, creating job ads, recommending sourcing strategies, maintaining Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and resolving issues, communicating with candidates, generating offers, initiating and reviewing assessments, background checks.
- Participate in continual process improvement by documenting current methods of operation and regularly making recommendations for advancing the function and improving processes for all stakeholders.
- Manage and continuously improve the employee onboarding process which facilitates high engagement and performance.
- Develop the employer brand in partnership with the Marketing Department in order to attract and retain talent.
- Research employee benefits offered by direct competitors and develop proposals to ensure Twig remains competitive and is able to attract and retain talented people.
- Use a variety of recruitment methods, including head hunting where appropriate, to attract the right calibre of candidates for posts at all level.
- Partner with senior management to develop a blended resourcing model where it would be advantageous for the business.
- Manage and evaluate a range of recruitment partners to ensure productive and cost effective relationships.
- Research and continually develop new sourcing methods in order to attract a diverse pool of candidates.
- Research current trends in recruitment and develop best practice.
- Ensure that current legislation, best practice and Twig policies and procedures are observed.
- Participate, when required, in selection panels to lend expertise to the recruitment process and to ensure adherence to best practice recruitment techniques
- Work as part of a small HR team to ensure continuity of providing the full HR service to our customers.
- Independently manage and prioritise a diverse workload.
- Frequently work on own initiative and use judgment.
Skills and Experience
- A professional HR degree or working towards one
- CIPD membership or equivalent substantial HR experience
- Substantial experience in recruitment, in particular for digital roles
- Experience in creating and/or enhancing an employer brand to attract talent
- Experience in generalist HR (administration, advice, case and absence management, reporting and data analytics)
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to present research in a professional and engaging format
- Working knowledge of the UK employment legislation
- Proven HR administration skills
- Numeracy skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative and use judgment
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to develop positive working relationships while providing constructive challenge
- Empathy, emotional intelligence and resilience
- High levels of professionalism and integrity, with the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong attention to detail, with a high level of accuracy and a conscientious approach to work.
What’s in it for you?
Your job will offer diversity and fulfillment as well as professional and personal development. Twig has an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Benefits of working at Twig include:
Salaries are competitive
Hybrid working model
Flexible working arrangements
Cycle to work scheme
Health Shield cashback plan
Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
Office in an attractive location
Being part of a lively, fun team
It is expected that the post holder will be based in the Glasgow office for a minimum of three days per week. Home working will be allowed for the remaining two days with the post holder being responsible for ensuring they have a suitable working space which supports high performance.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Twig is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.