Posted: 9th September, 2019
Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Twig Education
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it. Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages.
We are currently seeking three experienced full-time Video Editors to join our production team from early October, and work with us on short-form science film projects for school children.
Tasks will include making short-form educational films using archive footage, designing and creating graphics sequences, sourcing and selecting appropriate archive footage from our internal and external archives, and ensuring our films meet the very highest standards both technically and editorially. We are looking for enthusiastic, creative Editors who relish the challenge of taking complex concepts and finding the most effective way to communicate them to a young audience.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidates will have a proven track record in editing memorable content with brilliant visuals. You will have previous experience producing children’s, factual, entertainment and/or online content. Having produced short form content you’ll understand how to be direct and efficient in your story-telling, while preserving creative narratives. The ability to think visually and translate complex ideas into engaging films is critical.
The roles require editors to produce motion graphics and graphic sequences- these skill sets are essential. You’ll have extensive experience using Adobe CC programmes – Adobe Premiere and After Effects skills are a must.
You will be motivated, and be able to work collaboratively with our experienced in-house editors and producers. You’ll be comfortable with deadlines, and agile – you’ll have no problem managing multiple films at a time, and your projects will be set out and archived clearly and sensibly.
These are full-time positions, on a 12-month contract with the potential for extension.
- Edit short films to a high creative and technical standard reflecting the quality, accuracy and engagement aims of Twig
- Produce motion graphics and graphic representations of scientific processes and concepts
- Digest and act on film feedback from Producers and the Executive Producer
- Engage with established workflows and take responsibility for your individual projects
- Understand and adhere to technical and best-practice requirements, when delivering to Post-Production
- Source and select footage, and where appropriate adapt Twig’s existing resources
- Liaise with our archive and rights team to ensure archive is clearable and cleared
- Work specifically with Producers to deliver the highest standard films, to time and budget
What is it like to work with us?
As a company we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Plus our Glasgow office is dog-friendly!
Some other benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- Free refreshments including breakfast, hot drinks and snacks
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, and other benefits
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply for this role, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and link to a showreel, along with a covering letter demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Applications close at midday Friday the 20th of September however priority may be given to early respondents.