Posted: 22nd November, 2019
Glasgow, United Kingdom
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 80 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents.
We are currently seeking an experienced Writer/ Producer to join our production team to work on a new science project for teenagers in the United States.
The role will include writing short-form factual scripts, and working with Development Editors to establish film briefs.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in factual and/or science TV production, and an understanding of short-form film. You will have significant experience in using GFX and animation to deepen an audience’s understanding of complex concepts. The ability to think visually and translate ideas into films is essential, as is an awareness of what is realistic and achievable within the budget and timeframe. Please note this is not an entry level role.
This is an exciting opportunity to utilise your TV or digital production skills with one of the UK’s most innovative ed-tech companies.
This is a full-time position, with an immediate start date, initially on a 10-month contract with the possibility of extension. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Write short form factual scripts to brief, for a teenage audience
- Produce film briefs with Development Editors, carefully balancing scope and ambition
- Ensure writing schedules are met- navigate challenges, foresee obstructions and communicate potential issues with the Executive Producer and/or Project Manager
- Collaborate with internal and external researchers, and editorial leads
- Develop and build new relationships with external contributors, briefing them on film requirements, learning parameters and where required stylistic approach
- Support the broader team of producers, senior producer and executive producer day-to-day
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Plus our Glasgow office is dog-friendly!
Some other benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- Free refreshments including breakfast, hot drinks and snacks
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, and other benefits
Think you might be right for this role? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply for this role, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV along with a covering letter demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Applications close on Friday 6th of December 2019 at 12pm, however applications will be considered as they are submitted.