Glasgow, United Kingdom
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages. Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 80 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents.
We have a technical team of over 20 developers, testers and cloud dev-ops people. As a developer with Twig, you will be able to connect with other talented people working with modern front and back-end technologies to develop our cloud platform.
The technical team works with all areas of the business, but we organise ourselves around upcoming projects and tasks with the help of product owners and UX gurus. The team takes ownership of their work from requirements gathering, through development, to completion. The technologies and tools we use are researched and selected by the team. We use an agile approach to our work and are continually evolving and adapting our processes. 10% of everyone’s time is set aside for personal development and team improvement.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas but you may be a good fit for this role if you:
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Enjoy and have experience of building APIs and microservices.
- Like to keep things as simple as possible when writing code. We mainly use Node, Typescript, GraphQL and Python, but we understand that languages come and go. We care much more about your skills as a coder and realise that languages and frameworks can be learned.
- Have experience with systems and security at scale.
- Have experience debugging production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Support your fellow team mates by offering honest and supportive reviews of their code.
- Take pride in your work but are able to accept constructive criticism.
- Hold yourself and others to a high standard when working with production systems.
- Have ideas on improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes within the technical team.
What is it like to work at Twig?
As a company we strive to maintain an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is
recognised and rewarded. Plus our Glasgow office is dog-friendly!
Some other benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are in line with market rates and commensurate with skills and experience
- Free refreshments including breakfast, hot drinks and snacks
- We offer flexibility around working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension contributions and other benefits
Think you might be right for this role? We’d love to hear from you!
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com