Contract: Fixed term until December 2022
Closing Date: 1pm June 24th 2022
£42,000 per annum (negotiable depending on experience)
Twig Education creates incredible, inclusive Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) learning experiences full of aha! moments that students remember forever. We couldn’t do this without creative and passionate people who challenge and inspire each other.
That’s where you come in! Working for Twig means getting the chance to use your talents to the fullest, doing work that makes the world a better place in an environment where your contributions get noticed.
Twig launched in 2011. Our resources, created in collaboration with Imperial College London and Stanford University, are now used by millions of teachers and students in over 60 countries and with over 20 different languages. This success didn’t happen by accident. We hire talented individuals, give them the chance to shine, and recognise the impact they make on Twig and on the lives of students across the globe. We’re here to change the world of STEM education. Want to join us?
Led by the Post Production Manager, the Post Production team services the wider Film Production department, supports the completion and delivery of wider marketing content, and the reversioning of our legacy films.
If you would like to see more about what we do please watch this film.
- Ensuring the successful delivery of all video content within the wider Film Production department
- Coordinating and managing all projects coming through Post
- Providing leadership and support for the Post Production team, including monitoring performance, conducting performance appraisals and and other line management duties
- Providing oversight and direct management of all aspects of video and graphics editing for international re-versioning including liaising with clients as well as implementing, adapting and archiving all of the re-versioning materials and processes
- Implementation and updating of systems and processes within the team to maintain a creative and collaborative culture, driving simplicity and synergy within Post, Production and other areas, liaising with the Lead Editor and Lead Motion Graphic Designer as required
- Liaise with our Technical Manager as necessary to maintain systems and implement technical processes, and manage post production systems
- Oversee the archive and maintenance of all Premiere Pro/ After Effects/ Cinema 4D projects for all Twig films and International Reversioning projects and their associated files
- Ensure all films are to Twig standard and perform technical standard checks across our output
- Liaise with the Production Manager and Head of Film Production to ensure projects are scheduled correctly, and will be managed and maintained throughout their production cycles
- Prioritize projects based on key business drivers, keeping the Head of Film Production informed and seeking advice where necessary
Essential skills and experience
- Extensive experience working within Google workspace, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications. Experience working with Smartsheets is a bonus
- Demonstrable experience scheduling multiple concurrent productions or multi-faceted projects
- An excellent understanding of post production departments and their interdependencies
- An ability to create an atmosphere of cooperation and communication between pre-production/ development, production and post production
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to lead post production meetings and keep all team members updated on production
- Line management experience – setting objectives, appraising team members. An ability to mentor and guide post production staff
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, with particular experience within Premiere and After Effects
- A solid understanding of wider video production processes from pre-production through to finishing
What’s in it for you?
Your job will offer diversity and fulfilment as well as professional and personal development. Twig has an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are competitive
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Health Shield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
- Office in an attractive location
- Being part of a lively, fun team
We operate a hybrid working model with three days spent in the Glasgow office and two working from home. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring they have a suitable working space which supports high performance.
Equal opportunities statement
Twig is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Think you might fit this role?
To apply, please complete the online application form attaching a CV and covering letter, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role. Applications close at 1pm on Friday the 24th June 2022.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted. Interviews may be conducted ahead of the application deadline